Social Media Manager
Are you an experienced social media professional who can inspire a team? Lead our social media team and help develop our strategy while coordinating with stakeholders across the company to ensure the success of these efforts. In this role, you will develop, build, and implement a comprehensive social media strategy as well as standardize and direct social media efforts. You will be responsible for aligning and imparting the vision that social media should establish for the whole company as well as how such a strategy is functionally implemented. Ensuring our social content distribution is fully integrated with all other efforts across the company is also a key responsibility of your role.
- Build and manage Esri's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.)
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to promote our brand and share our content and links
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry from existing customers and leads as well as new audiences
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats to Google+ Hangouts and LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers
- Coordinate with internal PR, Customer Service, Training, Marketing, Legal, and Product Management teams
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience; at least 3 years in social media
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Experience with business and strategic development
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Data driven and analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Experience with live events
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top