Site Reliability Product Engineer
- Redlands, CA
Site reliability engineers sit at the crossroads of operations and software development. In this role, you'll design, build, and operate the cloud-based backend for various applications which are used by millions of users around the world.
You'll be directly supporting Esri's software developers by designing and implementing processes, tools, automations, and workflows that constantly strive to make software run reliably, in a predictable manner every time.
- Design, document, implement, and maintain the operational components for various applications
- Manage infrastructure, respond to alerts, and troubleshoot problems to resolution
- Configure and deploy containerized micro-service components
- Oversee continuous integration builds
- Work closely with development teams to improve workflows around build, test, and deployment of applications
- Build and maintain monitoring, alerting, and trending operational tools within a cloud environment
- Troubleshoot the system and provide root cause analysis
- Knowledge of AWS, specifically VPC, EC2, ECS, CloudFront, Lambda, Cloudformation, Cloudwatch, RDS, ELB, AutoScaling, and WAF
- Familiarity with provisioning cloud infrastructure using APIs
- Good understanding of Linux and shell scripts
- Experience with deploying containers (Docker/Anisble/Kubernetes)
- Understanding of build/automation systems such as Jenkins
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Demonstrable programming or scripting experience
- Ability to document processes, create post-incident reports, stay calm, and support operation escalation issues
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, information systems, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
- 1+ years in site reliability engineering (SRE) or DevOps
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana and cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tool such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Git
- Previous experience supporting mission-critical distributed systems
- AWS certifications is a big plus
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top