Senior Web Developer
Work collaboratively with design managers, web development managers, SEO, IT, and executives, leading the front-end vision of Esri’s websites and front-end framework through the entire lifecycle.
- Work closely with design and business to bring exciting new web experiences that show business results
- Lead and direct junior developers in technical training and experience building
- Oversee the management and vision of the front-end framework and make necessary adjustments and feature additions to stay up to date with latest coding practices
- Provide lead support in front-end architectures, best practices, and build processes
- Manage versioning and deployment of application source code including source control management, branching, tagging, etc.
- Assist in troubleshooting difficult technical issues
- Maintain existing site code with an eye for continuous automation and improvement
- Review, test, and QA code against modern browsers and mobile devices
- Five or more years of web development experience with multiple release cycles
- Mobile first development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science or a similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience building components in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM 6.2)
- Experience customizing WordPress
- Implemented a global and enterprise web content management system
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
- Experience implementing accessibility best practices to meet WCAG 2.0 guidelines
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top