Senior Web Developer, AEC Integration
- Ottawa, Canada
AEC firms and infrastructure owner/operators increasingly demand seamless integration between GIS data and BIM models to improve all aspects of asset design, construction, and operation. The global demand for housing and the need for roads, energy, and water to support it requires innovative workflows that help owners, engineers, planners, and stakeholders collaborate. Esri is working in partnership with Autodesk and other firms to help our customers design, build, and operate this infrastructure more rapidly, at lower cost, and in compliance with complex regulatory landscapes.
Providing this integration requires innovative software engineering to ensure reliable, secure, seamless, and scalable access to this information in ways that are user- and industry-focused based on evolving global standards for BIM and GIS, such as building smart and evolving GeoBIM standards.
In this role, you will be the crucial resource in the design and implementation of this integration. Help define the future of GIS-AEC integration in collaboration with the product owner, product engineers, and software engineering peers on a multi-disciplinary team.
- 5+ years of experience developing cloud infrastructure, backend services, and data pipelines
- Solid understanding of OAuth authentication patterns in a variety of cloud and on-premise environments including SSL-based SSO
- Knowledge of Agile software engineering processes, or a willingness to learn these processes working on agile development teams.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software product development using or producing commercial REST APIs such as Git, Jira, Azure, AWS
- Working knowledge of all UI/UX stages, such as conceptual, user flows, UI prototypes, HTML/CSS coding, and specs delivery to developers
- Bachelor's in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent, depending on position level (master's or PhD a plus)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top