Senior Web Developer
Work on the latest location-aware technology in a fast-paced, engaging environment and play a part in changing the way we work, live, and experience information. This is a great opportunity to design a next-gen Esri product on one of the most diverse and widely used platforms in the world. We strive to do meaningful work that helps entire industries and love working closely with a small team. If you are passionate about web development, thrive in an entrepreneurial setting to explore new possibilities, and take pride in the quality and impact of your work, we’d love to hear from you!
- Work closely with other developers, product engineers, and visual designers to build a compelling, responsive, and scalable user experience
- Follow web development industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Design and champion code level architecture with other developers
- Mentor and code-review the work of other developers
- Help drive the REST API design, required for integrating the web application with the back end web services
- Maintain an understanding of ArcGIS Enterprise and associated services to leverage existing capabilities and understand when capabilities must be extended
- Stay up to date with new web technologies, development methodologies, trends, and frameworks in the web development space
- Help stabilize code as defects are discovered
- Assist with application development estimating, planning, and progress tracking
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and delivering web applications
- Extensive experience with HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development
- Experience with AJAX, JSON, REST
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the software development life cycle
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience developing for and administering ArcGIS Enterprise
- Experience building and using browser rendered UI components and graphics systems (SVG, VML, Canvas)
- Experience using REST and web service endpoints to create secure web applications
- Experience writing tests for testing web applications
- Experience with GitHub or related source code version management systems
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top