Senior UX Architect - Mobile Apps
Join the Esri Creative Lab to work on enterprise mobile apps across a variety of platforms. We are a group of user-centered designers working closely with the Chief Creative Officer and Product Development. Our vision is to advance Esri’s user experience so that we can extend the reach and utilization of location-based technology to all humans.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and communicator who is excited to work with a talented team to deliver user experiences that promote Esri’s maps and solutions around the world.
- Distill complex problems into innovative and refined solutions
- Take ownership of design work from brainstorming through implementation by sketching user flows, building and testing prototypes, and producing high-fidelity visuals that are consistent across apps and with platform conventions
- Effectively organize and communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to the wider development team
- Effectively collaborate with product managers, researchers, project team members, and other stakeholders to understand product vision and customer needs while validating designs through testing and customer feedback
- Facilitate design exercises that encourage participatory and iterative design techniques
- Assist with the growth and development of design talent within the organization
- Work closely with design and product leadership to help determine the future direction of Esri’s flagship mobile applications
- Please include a link to your online portfolio or samples of recent work. Samples must demonstrate design skills and a mix of low fidelity and high fidelity UX deliverables.
- 5+ years of experience designing applications
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles and platform interface guidelines
- Expert level knowledge and abilities in Adobe Suite, Sketch, Invision, and related design tools
- Experience creating diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity interface design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve problems in collaboration with a team of designers, engineers, and QA as well as with business stakeholders
- Bachelor's in human factors, interaction design, psychology, or a related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Salim S.Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top