Senior UX Architect
Join Esri to help create user-centric technology that is usable, useful, and compelling. You’ll work with developers and other designers to map out and deliver amazing user experiences to further evolve the Esri brand.
Our Creative Lab Interactive Team is a group of UX/UI/icon designers working closely with the Executive Creative Director. Our job is to help promote and advance Esri’s platform of apps and solutions and its incredible geo-chicness around the world.
- Create information architecture diagrams, user experience workflow diagrams, wireframes, proof-of-concepts, and interactive prototypes
- Create holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and the specifics of user centered design process
- Foster collaboration and present cohesive interaction, design, and user experience approaches to a non-design audience
- Ensure consistency between the various customer-facing platforms created by Esri
- Work in partnership with business stakeholders, graphic designers, and developers to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques
- Act as a UX evangelist, ensuring others understand the value of UX activities and help develop and drive user experience strategy
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in the web design space
- Serve as a mentor for other user experience designers
- 5+ years of related work experience in interaction design, user interface design, and user experience research
- Demonstrated skill set in design, development, and research
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including business development, product management, and engineering
- Ability to create pixel-level mockups and/or clickable high-fidelity prototypes based on Esri design conventions, using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and/or Adobe products
- Strong ability to create information architecture diagrams, user experience workflow diagrams, wireframes, proof-of-concepts, and interactive prototypes
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team to listen effectively, to respect others’ perspectives and contributions, and to offer and accept feedback openly
- Outstanding verbal and written presentation and facilitation skills, with the ability to quickly adapt the content to the audience
- Organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment (even if it’s always sunny outside)
- Bachelor’s in human factors, interaction design, psychology, or a related field (master’s preferred)
- Experience with internationalizing websites and mobile apps
- Experience working in an agile product development environment
- Belief that all ideas are good (or at least worth considering)
Please include a link to your online portfolio or samples of recent work and a link to your blog. Samples must demonstrate design skills and a mix of low fidelity and high fidelity UX deliverables.
BONUS POINTS: Tell us what inspires you—books, websites, cars, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top