Senior UI Designer - Marketing
Join our innovative interactive team to help create and promote user-centered designs that are intuitive, usable, and modern. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and communicator who is excited to deliver amazing user experiences and designs that define and further evolve the Esri brand.
Our team is a group of designers and researchers working closely with content strategists, front-end developers, and the Executive Creative Director. Our job is to advance Esri’s user-centered design and design first mindset so that we can help extend the reach and utilization of our location-based technology.
- Design innovative web solutions from wireframes and creative briefs that are on target with objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as UX architects, developers, writers, and stakeholders to develop groundbreaking designs across a portfolio of Esri products and marketing web presences
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring visual consistency of websites and apps via use of style guides and enforcement of established standards and best practices
- Stay up to date with new web design trends and technologies
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other members of the design team
- Exceptional online portfolio showcasing visual design work for desktop and touch devices including websites, UI design, and mobile apps
- Proven ability to solve problems conceptually in collaboration with peers, including writers, user experience designers, and developers
- Strong skills with design software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite
- Outstanding communication skills to ensure internal clients and colleagues understand status of projects
- Ability to lead and direct the design of an interactive project, from concept through development
- Ability to make complex ideas understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership for your work, and possess strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team, listen effectively, respect others' perspectives and contributions, and offer and be open to constructive feedback
- Familiarity with user interface guidelines and best practices for mobile first design, web accessibility standards, and internationalization of websites
- Organized, able to think and perform outside the box, and be able to multitask projects and priorities in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- 5+ years of relevant experience specializing in visual design for the web
- Bachelor’s in graphic design or a related design discipline
Please include a link to your online portfolio or samples of your recent work. Applications will not be considered complete without submitting your online portfolio.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top