Senior UI Designer
Join Esri to help create user-centric technology that is usable, useful, and compelling. You’ll work with developers and other designers to map out and deliver amazing user experiences to further evolve the Esri brand.
Our Creative Lab Interactive Team is a group of UX/UI/icon designers working closely with the Executive Creative Director. Our job is to help promote and advance Esri’s platform of apps and solutions and its incredible geo-chicness around the world.
- Design highly innovative, refined web solutions from wireframes and creative briefs that are on target with the objectives
- Collaborate with marketing managers, developers, writers, and interactive teams to develop groundbreaking design across a portfolio of Esri products
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring consistency of site appearance via use of style guides, style sheets, and enforcement of established standards and best practices
- Manage a large body of work in a fast-paced environment
- Stay up to date with new web design trends and technologies
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other members of the design team
- Seven to 10 years of relevant experience specializing in visual design for the web
- Killer online portfolio showcasing visual design for websites, mobile apps, microsites, landing pages, and e-blasts
- Excellent ability to solve problems conceptually in collaboration with the entire interactive team, including writers, user experience designers, and developers
- Solid knowledge of the requirements of the creative process including typical time and resources needed to produce quality work with efficiency on time and to specification
- Master-level skills with design software, including but not limited to Photoshop and Illustrator
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to ensure internal clients and colleagues understand status of interactive projects
- Ability to lead and direct the design of an interactive project, from concept through code
- Exceptional ability to present and “sell” creative ideas to influence decisions
- Extremely well organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to multi-task projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment (even if it’s always sunny outside)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in graphic design or a related design discipline
- Experience in responsive design
- Be personally motivated, a progressive thinker, and an all-around team player
- Keen knowledge of design trends
- Belief that all ideas are good (or at least worth considering)
Please include a link to your online portfolio or samples of your recent work. Applications will not be considered complete without this.
BONUS POINTS: Tell us what inspires you—books, websites, movies, people, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top