Senior Solution Engineer - Local Government
- Radnor, PA
As a GIS subject matter expert, you’re a natural at identifying the right analysis tools for the problem at hand. Not only do you create innovative solutions, you talk about it in ways that get others excited about the power of GIS technology. We have a great place for you at Esri, where you will join an account team and advise customers on their most complex business challenges. You will leverage your problem-solving skills to demonstrate the value of geoanalysis and how it finds unique patterns, trends, and understanding within a customer’s data.
- 5+ years of experience with the ArcGIS platform using editing tools, performing spatial analysis, and creating geodatabases
- 4+ years of experience in the state and local government industry
- Advanced experience using current GIS technology and leveraging the full ArcGIS enterprise suite of tools to demonstrate Esri’s patterns of use
- Broad knowledge of ArcGIS from an IT context (e.g., hardware, software, storage, security, networking, servers, databases, web services, virtualization, cloud computing)
- Demonstrated experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design as well as an understanding of sales and business development processes
- Experience with geodatabases and underlying DBMS technology (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and environments (Microsoft Azure or AWS)
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platforms
- Remarkable presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top