Senior Software Engineer/Architect
Work on the latest location-aware technology in a fast-paced, engaging environment and play a part in changing the way we work, live, and experience information. This is a great opportunity to architect a next-generation Esri product on one of the most diverse and widely used platforms in the world. We strive to do meaningful work that helps entire industries and love working closely with a small team. If you are passionate about development and design, thrive in an entrepreneurial setting to explore new possibilities, and take pride in the quality and impact of your work, we’d love to hear from you!
- Architect, design, and lead the development of various software components that constitute the product offering
- Work with other developers, the product owner, and practice lead on defining the “technical how”
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers within and outside the product team throughout the development process
- Work with other Esri platform technologies to evangelize our product needs
- Follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Work in a team setting focused on delivering geospatial-enabled software solutions
- Stay current with industry trends and evaluate feasible solutions to define the next generation/versions of the product offering
- 5+ years of professional experience leading the development of commercial software
- Demonstrated experience with software development across mobile, desktop, and web technologies
- Hands-on experience with the ArcGIS platform
- Bachelor’s in computer science, GIS, imagery science, or related field of study, depending on position level
- 10 years of experience leading technical teams and architecting/developing technical solutions, defining information models
- Experience with Android and iOS development platforms
- Expert knowledge of Esri’s Runtimes, APIs, web viewer technology
- Practical knowledge of and experience building and implementing enterprise architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of other enterprise systems (e.g., ERP, CRM, Maximo, etc.)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top