Senior Software Engineer - Real-Time 3D Graphics
Join us in our mission to push the boundaries for visualizing and interacting with 3D geospatial data by improving our rendering engine and implementing new visualization techniques.
- Implement real-time 3D rendering techniques in our WebGL/TypeScript-based engine, ranging from massive data visualization techniques to material shaders programming
- Improve our rendering engine in terms of performance, stability, and software architecture
- Research and push the state-of-the-art in virtual world rendering for photo-realistic and data visualization purposes
- Stay up-to-date with real-time rendering techniques and find avenues to implement advances in our software
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- 5+ years of software development experience in the field of real-time rendering
- Excellent programming and software architecture skills
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Existing work authorization for Switzerland
- Master’s or PhD in computer science with a focus on computer graphics and real-time rendering
- Experience designing and implementing game engines or comparable rendering engines
- Experience working with popular 3D engines (Unreal, Unity, three.js, etc.)
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies
- Knowledge of common web technologies and 3D formats
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, etc.)
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top