Senior Software Developer – C++
An excellent role for an experienced C++ developer has arisen within a large, global organization working in its Cardiff office. Bring your passion and help us develop a cross platform GIS API that runs on the latest mobile devices using the latest compilers and C++ standards. The role is initially focused on a single and particularly important software component that is a key part of the application. The company is looking to invest significantly in the individual by providing training and mentoring that ensures a successful long-term career.
The office is based in Cardiff city centre, with an informal and sociable environment, casual dress code, and a good work/life balance. There is also opportunity to travel to the head office in California.
- Core software development that forms part of a world-leading software application
- Use the latest C++, with STL, Boost, Templates, and advanced programming techniques
- Learn the existing code, with full support and mentoring provided by the development team, and then a gradual hand-over of responsibility is envisaged, with the engineer taking ‘ownership’ of this area of the software
- Define user requirements; design and develop applications and APIs for mobile, desktop, and embedded devices
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Excellent C++ development skills with STL, Boost; preferably 5 plus years of industry experience
- Mathematics knowledge of 2D geometry, trigonometry, transformations
- Experience of software development lifecycle and working in a development team
- Mature approach to software development with a full appreciation of the importance of test driven development
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail
- A good degree, ideally in computer science (or related subject), 2:1 or higher
- C++ 11/14
- Exposure to mapping applications, cartography, typography
- Familiarity with GIS software, preferably Esri ArcGIS
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top