Senior Software Developer - 3D Visualization
Are you passionate about 3D computer graphics and making good software? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts, across all platforms and devices. We are dedicated to continually pushing the boundaries of 3D GIS, and you can play a key role in our mission.
- Lead the design and implementation of novel 3D GIS data visualization and rendering techniques
- Help supervise the software architecture and development of Esri’s core 3D web mapping technologies
- Contribute to the 3D data visualization specification across the ArcGIS platform (mobile, web, and desktop), collaborating closely with other teams to design clean and modern interfaces
- Support our product owner in the short- and long-term planning of our web 3D mapping technologies
- Research and push the state-of-the-art in 3D GIS data visualization
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- 8+ years of experience in software development and architecture
- Strong background in computer graphics and real-time rendering
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, etc.)
- Experience in the supervision of junior developers, interns, or students
- Familiarity with GIS technologies and its applications
- Excellent creative thinking, communication, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Master’s or PhD in computer science or a related field
- Experience with team-building and leadership for small software development teams
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS software in general, with emphasis in map design/cartography
- Knowledge of 3D tools and engines such as CityEngine, Maya, Houdini, Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Knowledge of common web technologies and 3D formats
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top