Senior Social Media Manager-Lead Strategist
Are you a senior social media strategist with experience leading strategy, planning, and implementation across all social channels? We are seeking an experienced leader to develop a growing 5-person team to build and implement a comprehensive social media strategy. You will be responsible for standardizing and directing social media efforts and aligning and imparting the vision of social media for the whole company as well as how such a strategy is functionally implemented. In this role, you will engage with stakeholders and executives to ensure our social content distribution is fully integrated with all other efforts across the company.
- Build and manage Esri's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.)
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to promote our brand and share our content and links
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry from existing customers and leads as well as new audiences
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats to Google+ Hangouts and LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers
- Monitor analytics and adjust tactics accordingly; report on activity and trends and make recommendations
- Coordinate with internal PR, Customer Service, Training, Marketing, Legal, and Product Management teams
- 7+ years of digital marketing experience including 5+ years in leadership/management role and at least 3 years in social media
- Experience leading internal teams, contractors, and agencies
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media with a command of each network and their best practices
- Experience with business and strategic development
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Data driven and analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Experience with live events
- Bachelor's in marketing, communication, or related major
- Experience with B2B and technology companies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top