Senior Security Engineer
Utilize your problem-solving skills and technical expertise in this critical position on our growing security engineering team. Be part of the team responsible for developing and implementing security solutions through the performance of periodic testing to identify potential application, network, and system security vulnerabilities as well as discover and remediate electronic attacks.
- Collaborate with other IT operational and development teams to implement security best practices
- Work closely with CIRT/SOC teams to act on findings for purposes of both short- and long-term remediation
- Execute security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing programs
- Research attempted efforts to compromise security protocols and recommend solutions
- Create required information security documentation and complete requests in accordance with requirements
- Escalate to appropriate management and provide timely, relevant updates and periodic reports as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve workflow and execute plans; understand the business impacts of those improvements for communication to management
- 10+ years of experience in an IT security role
- 5+ years of experience in a network/systems engineering or application development role
- Strong understanding of and applied ethics in business and information security
- Operational experience with traditional and Next Gen Firewalls (Checkpoint experience preferred)
- Possess a strong understanding of security-related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, and application white listing
- Familiarity with common penetration testing methods and standards
- Knowledge of security issues on both Microsoft and UNIX operating systems
- Background in network and firewall administration and intrusion detection systems; comfortable analyzing network traffic, ports, protocols, and services; experience with exploitation frameworks, vulnerability scanning tools, and application scanning tools
- Excellent verbal communication; strong analytical and organizational skills
- Familiarity with information security best practices including ISO27002 or NIST 800-53
- Bachelor's in computer science, related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Industry recognized certifications (CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, GIAC) relevant to information systems security, or close to obtaining
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top