Use your information security expertise to help support and improve our security assurance program. Help the security team be a business enabler by supporting the various lines of business to ensure our compliance to the laws, regulations, and contractual obligations. Be part of the team that identifies risks and develops mitigation strategies to help ensure the success of the business. Use your experience and track record of influencing without authority, dealing with ambiguity, and balancing competing goals and objectives from multiple organizations in order to find common value for each group.
- Work with our legal and contracts teams to address security requirements from our customers and to ensure our vendors are complying with Esri security requirements
- Help improve our processes related to security reviews, assessments, and risk management
- Perform security reviews and technical audits for compliance to policies, standards, and other requirements both internal and external to the organization
- Review and report on audit results, working with colleagues and the business for plans on reaching compliance
- Participate in defining and implementing technical security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices, technical requirements, and compliance requirements
- 7+ years of technical, hands-on engineering, risk management, and assurance/compliance experience in information security
- Experience with technical security auditing, compliance reviews, and security assessments
- In-depth technical knowledge of information security, security tools and systems, security control implementation, application security, and computer network access technologies
- In-depth technical knowledge of data protection and integrity, operating systems and network security, authentication, security protocols, practices, and standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with IT and business units; ability to bridge communications between technical IT team members and compliance team members
- Strong attention to detail, customer orientation, communication, and presentation skills including the ability to listen and quickly translate business needs into solutions and build effective working relationships
- Strong, self-motivated, and productive team player with ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's in computer science, information management, or related field
- CISSP, CISA, GIAC, or equivalent certification
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.