Senior Product Engineer - Geospatial Data Science
- Holistic owner of data science capabilities of the platform
- Collaborate with product engineers, data scientists, and software developers and manage overall QA, documentation, and sample notebooks
- Estimate and prioritize product development tasks
- Develop and implement test plans and test cases, write test code, and verify code changes and bug fixes
- Review and analyze automated test results, report status on software quality and stability, and certify software quality
- Troubleshoot and triage issues reported by customers
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define requirements for enhancing geospatial data science capabilities in ArcGIS
- Share workflows in help topics, blog articles, presentations, tutorials, and samples
- 5+ years of industry experience in software testing or software development
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, or other geospatial technology
- Fundamental understanding of machine learning and deep learning
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to build and deliver quality software in a team environment
- Effective project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven data science and AI skills with Python and Jupyter Notebook
- Experience with unit test frameworks
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, geography, engineering, computer science, math, or related fields
- 2+ years of experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, or other geospatial technology
- Experience mentoring and providing leadership for a team
- Experience developing and implementing test plans and test automation of AI models
- Experience as a product engineer in a software development company
- Experience with remote sensing and multispectral image analysis
- Familiarity with deep learning libraries like PyTorch, Keras, or Tensorflow
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top