Senior Product Engineer - ArcGIS Utility Network Management
Are you an experienced engineer or GIS analyst who has a passion for building great, high-quality software? Do you have a proven track record of directing a team of highly talented and driven engineers to deliver product? Use your utilities experience, management skills, and dedication to quality to advance Esri's cutting-edge software for managing utility and telecom networks. You will work with product management and customers to envision new development opportunities, define requirements, determine development objectives, and drive the development and release process to deliver regular updates of the product we provide to our customers worldwide.
- Work with Esri product management, marketing, and our utilities and telecom user communities to synthesize user requirements and industry needs into development objectives
- Drive the planning, design, quality assurance, certification, and release of ArcGIS Utility Network Management software
- Define documentation objectives for communicating sophisticated technology to our user community
- Communicate plans and status to internal stakeholders and senior management
- Identify opportunities to integrate new technologies and patterns with our existing software
- Drive the development process, including release planning, iteration planning, daily stand-ups, and iteration and retrospective reviews
- Assess product quality and release readiness
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing, and/or implementing software solutions in the utility or telecom industries using ArcGIS software
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning and the ability to coach staff towards excellence
- Bachelor's or Master's in engineering, GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, SAP HANA, etc.
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Marcella C.Director, Digital Sales
Marcella helps customers understand Esri technology and how it can help them solve their problems. She ensures they choose the right mix of software, services, and training for their specific needs.
Back to top