Senior Network Engineer
Are you insatiably curious? Do you ask why, explore new things, and need to understand how things work while simultaneously contributing ideas? As part of our team you will work in a large enterprise class network environment to support organizations worldwide. In this role, you’ll continuously build new skills as you work with multiple leading-edge network technologies, providing timely and effective support for wired and wireless campus networks, data center networks, security infrastructure, load balancing, and ongoing IT projects.
- Serve as a lead on network projects and participate in network infrastructure design in both campus and data center realms
- Coordinate and partner with the compute, firewall, security, storage, and data center operations/facilities teams on data center infrastructure projects and the troubleshooting of tactical issues
- Partner with the security teams on NIST compliance/audit efforts across the network
- Configure and administer network switches, routers, access control devices, load balancers, wireless controllers/APs, and network monitoring platforms
- Implement/operate SSL VPN and work closely with the firewall team on access control
- Act as the highest point of escalation for all network issues, providing structured troubleshooting to complex issues that are impacting the business in both data center and campus networks
- Perform in-depth network services monitoring and troubleshooting with applications and voice teams
- Work with providers/ISPs on the provisioning of new and the maintenance/troubleshooting of WAN/MPLS and Internet circuits/services
- Evaluate and deploy new network technologies and functions as needed
- Provide off-hours support on a rotational basis
- Support disaster recovery efforts
- Manage incidents and requests within established service level agreements
- Coordinate vendor operations
- 7+ years of network administration/engineering experience
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
- In-depth knowledge of network principles and protocols
- Ability to administer layer 2 and layer 3 devices at an advanced level
- Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, EIGRP, BGP, STP, firewall, and IDS/IPS
- Knowledge of Cisco ISR, ASR, Wireless Controller, Catalyst, and Nexus platforms
- Knowledge of MPLS, DMVPN, H.323, SSL, and VPN (IPSEC)
- Knowledge of load balancing (F5 preferred)
- Ability to design and implement large network configurations addressing availability, security, and flexibility
- Solid troubleshooting skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to design network infrastructure projects from inception to installation
- Ability to lead a project team and perform functions with minimal direction
- Documentation skills (Visio, etc.)
- Ability to interface/communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues
- Ability to write up executive summaries and project proposals
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Knowledge of VoIP and collaboration technologies (MS Lync/Skype For Business/Teams preferred)
- Knowledge of network monitoring/management tools (Solarwinds and Cisco Prime preferred)
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages for the purposes of network automation
- Knowledge of Wireshark and PCAP analysis
- General understanding of web applications and RESTful APIs
- Cisco certifications
- Knowledge of QoS concepts and configurations
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Marcella C.Director, Digital Sales
Marcella helps customers understand Esri technology and how it can help them solve their problems. She ensures they choose the right mix of software, services, and training for their specific needs.
Back to top