Senior Multimedia Designer
Leverage your creative and technical talents within the Educational Content Team! Work alongside curriculum developers, instructional designers, and other staff to turn training visions into a media rich reality. Provide guidance to other multimedia specialists and make recommendations for moving the vision of the Educational Content Team forward through enhanced media.
- Perform research and development and provide recommendations for implementing new technologies and media strategies as well as how to keep up to date with the latest industry trends
- Onboard new multimedia specialists and support, coach, and mentor existing and new multimedia specialists to develop graphics, models, video demonstrations, podcasts, and other media to support web, online, and classroom-based instruction; solidify departmental graphic and multimedia design standards
- Evaluate new and existing technologies and serve as the primary multimedia technology trainer for Training Services
- Lead or participate in higher level and/or cross divisional projects and initiatives
- Perform assigned tasks on all types of departmental multimedia projects including video, motion graphics, icon, diagram, presentation, and static graphic creation or consultation
- Translate author concepts and contextual material into a wide range of online and print-based graphics, videos, presentations, or other illustrative material
- Integrate visual and audio technology solutions as part of the course development process
- Identify requirements for multimedia technologies necessary to produce and enhance web- and classroom-based instruction
- Collaborate with other Esri departments to stay abreast of current standards and best practices
- Accurately maintain digital design files for editing, optimization, storage, and retrieval
- Five to seven years of experience directly related to the use of media, graphics, video, and technology support for training and e-learning
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and team building skills
- Strong collaboration, leadership, and problem-solving skills and an ability to work with deadlines and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to identify and interpret multimedia design needs and to develop creative and responsive design concepts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, TechSmith Camtasia, Corel Paintshop Pro, Articulate Studio, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Soundbooth, and Adobe After Effects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Mac OS experience useful
- Experience and ability to do voice-over work and be proficient in manipulating and synchronizing audio files for use in e-learning
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and create passion and enthusiasm for the work and the goals
- Bachelor’s in graphic design, instructional technology, or related discipline
- Knowledge of, and experience applying, the ADDIE model of instructional design
- Familiarity with advanced e-learning components to include avatars, animation, or 3D effects
- Understanding of GIS and knowledge of Esri software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by lawideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top