Web architecture is rapidly evolving, creating new challenges to build responsive, interactive, data-driven applications used by people around the world to make decisions and collaborate with one another. We are actively looking for more colleagues to join us in creating the world’s best geospatial mapping and data analysis platform.
You will be actively involved with people across engineering to devise new system architectures that leverage application frameworks and emerging technologies. As a platform that serves millions of users and domains, our software needs to be modular, reusable, and well crafted. We iterate rapidly, constantly learning from feedback, metrics, and the mission of our community.
- Work closely with product management to understand requirements and create application architectures and API to meet product goals
- Design and develop stable software that includes automated test validation
- Develop reusable components and libraries for use internally and open-source
- Work within agile processes for short cycle, fast-paced delivery
- User-focused development and work closely with UI designers to craft compelling user experiences
- Willing to take on complex goals that push the boundary of the possible
- Ability to manage small teams of developers
- Expertise working as part of a team developing and delivering web-scale applications
- Good understanding of API design, distributed systems, and data modeling
- Delivery of production systems using agile development in collaborative teams
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS or other web mapping technologies
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top