Senior Enterprise Security Engineer
As a member of the Computer Incident Response Team, you will be responsible for assisting in the detection, investigation, and prevention of security incidents. This is a challenging opportunity to work as part of a security team responsible for protecting Esri’s IT assets.
- Assist with the creation of SIEM alarms, and test new correlation content and use cases
- Develop and test new security monitoring and reporting capabilities using SIEM data
- Assist with tuning of various security tools such as IDS and Endpoint visibility products
- Assist with documenting standards, processes, and procedures for incident response, security systems, and tools as needed
- Perform incident response duties including initial detection, scoping, containment, forensic analysis, and remediation
- Stay current with security technologies and solutions and collaborates with team members to continuously improve Esri’s security posture
- 7 or more years of practical experience with security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, and vulnerability management
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with EDR technologies and how to leverage in security incident investigations
- Solid understanding of network design and concepts
- Solid troubleshooting and investigation capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic and changing environment
- 2 years of practical experience performing incident response
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science or engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a security operations center (SOC)
- In-depth experience working with multiple operating systems such as Linux, OSX, Windows
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Packet capture and analysis and forensics experience
- Linux experience, scripting, and familiarity with open source security tools
- Background in infrastructure operations and support, or web application development and security
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top