Senior Database Developer
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about developing solutions with data access and integration. In this role, you will help your team build new products that augment Esri’s industry-leading technology. Your deep background in database programming will be essential for the rapid development these products. Join our development team and work on aggressive projects involving databases and datasets on a diverse set of computational platforms.
In your role as Senior Database Developer, you will use your deep knowledge of one or more database platforms (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM Netezza Data Warehouse, SAP HANA, Teradata Data Warehouse, etc.) to develop the next generation of Esri’s ArcGIS platform.
You will be responsible for the design, implementation, test, and maintenance of a core piece of our technology suite. Your core responsibilities will include (but are not limited to)
- Requirements gathering
- Database and application interface design
- Application and SQL development
- Unit testing
- Application deployment and support
- Five or more years of experience developing Java/J2EE applications targeting one or more of the aforementioned database platforms
- Expert-level Structured Query Language (SQL) knowledge
- Database administration experience (including users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring, etc.)
- Data modeling methodologies (including data warehousing design principles)
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work with a team in a constantly challenging and evolving environment
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and the ability to decompose complex problems
- A desire to constantly upgrade your knowledge
- Bachelor's in computer science or software engineering (master's preferred)
- Strong experience in modeling/building semantic layers for a Business Intelligence system such as IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, SAP BusinessObjects
- Hands-on SAP HANA, IBM Netezza Data Warehouse, or Teradata Data Warehouse experience
- Demonstrated understanding of GIS theory and applications
- Previous involvement in a large software development project
- Recent participation in projects practicing an Agile software development life cycle
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top