Senior Creative Writer-Producer, Video (digital and soundstage focus):
We are looking for a highly-talented creative producer to develop, execute, and manage video projects with a large part being soundstage based. You’ll be responsible for transforming our in-house soundstage into a thriving production center to help build Esri’s digital audience. The range of what's produced will vary from social media videos to episodic chat shows, new product announcements, and more based on your creative ideas. This content will be for audiences ranging from Esri software users to Fortune 500 C-Suite executives. They will be reached primarily online through Esri’s web site and third-party web sites, as well as social media.
- Co-develop digital video content strategy and creative ideas with executive producers with the goal of helping build Esri’s digital audience
- Execute and manage all aspects of production of such concepts with the understanding that a large share of such production (at least 60%) would be soundstage based
- Transform our in-house sound stage into a thriving production center
- Work closely with web, PR, and social media teams to assure effective, impactful distribution
- Manage all aspects of sound stage production including set design, lighting, and real-time multi-cam editing
- Make our studio space the best it can be
- Develop sound-stage based content ideas in consultation with executive producers
- Develop repeatable quick turn social media friendly content as well as more in-depth concepts suitable for online forums, such as Esri's Where Next (while content will not be exclusively for digital marketing channels, building digital audience is a key goal)
- Create, direct, and produce sound stage productions; manage scheduling and budgeting of productions, as well as overall sound stage development and operations
- Help other producers use the sound stage to maximum advantage when they use it to shoot interviews or other content
- Cultivate a pool of telegenic employees who can be trained as hosts, facilitators, and contributing experts while also contracting professional talent as necessary
- 5+ years of experience developing concepts for recurring shows produced in a sound stage setting
- Submission of reel
- Excellent, demonstrable video concepting and writing ability in a range of formats and genres, geared to a variety of audiences
- 3 years producing content for web and social distribution
- Experience with all aspects of sound stage production including set design, studio lighting, studio camera, working with teleprompters, green screen, and real time multi-cam editing
- Ability to discern and coach non-professionals to perform well on camera
- Demonstrated ability to make complex ideas both accessible and compelling
- Fast learning curve climber for business and science content
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience creating scientific and/or business-related content
- Experience with talk shows, news, or other formats
- Video editing talent is highly desirable
- Technical knowledge and, more importantly, craft, to be able to cut solid drafts for hand off to editors for fine cutting is a major plus
- Studio-based production experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top