Senior Consultant – Strategic Enterprise Customers
Work closely with customers to establish solutions to make them successful and broaden the presence and effectiveness of GIS within their business. You will provide vision and leadership while promoting the use of Esri technology to enable customer success and support the development and growth of Esri technology into new domains by working closely with industry experts throughout the company.
This is an opportunity to blend your enterprise technology consulting experience with Esri's geospatial capabilities and engage with our customers to provide transformational approaches to their business.
- Be a thought leader: Advise customers regarding innovative solutions using Esri technology and content to help them make better decisions. Recommend relevant strategies, architectures, and solutions and work with customers to prepare implementation and migration strategies.
- Engage with our customers: Discover the value of location within customer workflows and drive substantial return on their investment in our platform and services by creating outstanding proposals and winning work with strategic customers.
- Develop and grow business: Provide business development support toward technology and implementation patterns with new and existing customers. Collaborate with Esri’s practice managers and marketing, sales, and product teams to develop new business. Be part of actively shaping the future of Esri technology through your work on cutting-edge projects and technology trends such as mobile GIS, real-time GIS, big data analytics, geoanalytics, imagery management, 3D, and open data.
- Effectively manage complex technology projects and programs: Use your consulting and project management skills to lead virtual teams during all phases of implementation including requirements, analysis, design, build/configuration, and deployment. Manage scope, schedule, and budget to provide our customers and strategic partners with meaningful solutions.
- Utilize Agile Methodologies to manage complex customer engagements and build innovative solutions.
- 5+ years of GIS or related technology consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to consult and engage with executive-level leadership
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver complex projects on time and within budget
- Ability to engage, collaborate, and facilitate with strategic enterprise customers and external teams and stakeholders
- Experience developing project designs, work plans, budgets, and schedules
- Solid technical understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it can be used to solve business problems
- Proposal writing experience, including preparing executive summaries, solution definition, scope of services, staffing, and pricing
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn—you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Excellent written communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
- Ability to grow and maintain internal and external networks with industry influencers and thought leaders
- Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, computer science, or a related field (master's preferred)
- Experience with location-based services, geo-enabled apps, spatial analytics, or similar geospatial technology
- Connections with industry influencers and thought leaders
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top