Senior C++ Software Engineer - QT, QML
If you have a passion for GIS and the latest developer technologies, Esri may be the place for you! We’re on a mission to hire talented software engineers who can help us find innovative ways to make Esri software reach new audiences. As an engineer on the Example Apps team, your responsibilities will focus on designing, developing, testing, and documenting new applications that communicate how to use the ArcGIS Qt SDK.
- Build great looking example apps and samples using the latest platform technologies and features
- Assess product quality and release readiness
- Create user documentation and tutorials showing best practice development techniques
- Keep up to date with current GIS and developer technology and trends
More experienced individuals will
- Examine complex user workflows and define solutions
- Present and evangelize our products in the user community through presentations, hackathons, webinars, forums, blogs, and social media
- Collaborate with Esri developers to further expand our products and help to define the product roadmap
- Knowledge of development on one or more of the following platforms: Windows, Linux, iOS, macOS, Android
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with GIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, mathematics, or a related field, depending on position level
- Ability to design great application user experiences
- Experience architecting and designing software products
- Hands-on experience with Esri ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Passion for exploring and experimenting with the latest developer technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top