Senior Business Process Analyst
- Redlands, CA
As an experienced business process analyst with a passion for improving process, you thrive on connecting with people, listening to their needs and challenges, focusing on "why" to clearly understand and articulate business objectives, and creating actionable requirements to enable high-quality, efficient project delivery that provides high business value. We invite you to join our enterprise architecture and services team to grow our business process improvement practice and work alongside IT and business professionals to support strategic efforts.
- Validate business needs and motivation through elicitation or facilitation workshops and maintain focus on the delivery of business value
- Perform stakeholder analysis and ensure appropriate stakeholders are proactively included to ensure early buy-in of the to-be state and improve adoption
- Understand, refine, and validate the 'Voice of Customers' (VOC)-- business challenges, opportunities, and risks with stakeholders; challenge stakeholders on their assumptions, understand "why", and distinguish needs from wants
- Elicit requirements using interviews and surveys, facilitating workshops, and performing data and document analysis
- Develop/refine as-is and to-be business processes and 'use-cases' using Lean 5S principles, customer journey maps, and design principles
- Be the requirements subject matter expert representing stakeholders; ensure details of processes are documented, understood, and vetted with stakeholders and project teams, e.g. triggers that initiate the process, suppliers and consumers of information, tasks and activities, tools used to execute the process, metrics that monitor process health and business scenarios
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and delivery teams to prioritize requirements, define and evaluate potential solutions, and propose quick fixes when appropriate
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with team members, business stakeholders, and executives
- Collaborate with the enterprise architecture and project delivery teams to understand how tactical projects fit within the larger strategic roadmap
- Engage in multiple, simultaneous initiatives while identifying opportunities for collaboration across business units
- Develop and/or assist in the development of training materials and delivery of training
- 7+ years of direct work experience as a business analyst either in a business function or an IT setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business analysis skills, including process and data-driven analysis experience using common industry frameworks
- Direct experience as a business analyst in multiple cross-functional process improvement initiatives
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes using process modelling tools such as Microsoft Visio and/or LucidChart
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements from various personalities across the organization, including senior executives
- Proven experience driving consensus across multiple stakeholders from different business functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with business stakeholders, team members, and management
- Ability to understand technical jargon and communicate it in layman's terms
- Flexible and adaptive, reacting to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks independently
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Bachelor's in computer science, business, communications, or related field
- Formal training/certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management (BPM), Agile/Scrum, Agile
- Extension of the BABOK
- Project Management (PMI) training and/or experience
- Knowledge of UX/UI principles
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and business architecture frameworks (TOGAF, BIZBOK)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top