Senior Benefits Specialist
Be part of a team involved in reshaping the way benefits are delivered to Esri employees. We are seeking an experienced benefits professional to play an important role in key projects and day-to-day operations of group benefit programs. You’ll provide customer support on complex employee issues to ensure excellent customer service and will also have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in benefit plan design and operation, project management, vendor management, and data and process analysis.
- Oversee daily benefit plan administration including but not limited to medical, dental, prescription plan, life insurance, AD&D, and LTD enrollments and changes; COBRA process; retirement plan administrative processes; and leave of absence administration
- Apply continuous improvement philosophy to processes to improve administration, reduce costs, and increase efficiency
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations
- Analyze data to determine underlying drivers of benefits claims expense in support of short- and long-range expense management
- Design and manage company/vendor data interchanges; resolve issues as needed
- Prepare budget projections for all health and welfare and retirement budgets to support corporate objectives
- Lead or support benefit plan audit work
- Contribute to successful implementation of global benefits implementation and design changes
- Manage vendor relationships
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Five plus years of benefits-related experience leading and implementing benefits design
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of health and welfare and retirement plan designs and administration
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations and filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers compensation, Medicare and Social Security, and DOL
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Bachelor’s in business administration, human resources, accounting, or related field
- CEBS professional designation
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top