We invite you to bring your experience and passion for state government coupled with an understanding of applying geospatial technology to become an integral part of Esri's State and Local Government account team. We're looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges organizations face . You'll work closely with a team that helps our new and existing state government customers optimize and expand adoption of Esri technology, identify new areas of growth, and deliver expertise that helps deliver on their mission.
At Esri, we are committed to our customers and their success. It is a place for you to do your best work and partner with our customers amid a supportive culture that encourages creativity, collaboration, and passion.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for large, complex organizations. Create new opportunities within high-level accounts and deepen relationships. Participate in and present at trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate advanced industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers within organizations and gain access to executive, enterprise-level decision makers. Understand complex customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Learn and grow. Clearly articulate the strength and value of Esri technology as it relates to state government customers. Consistently conduct research and pursue professional development to ensure competitive knowledge. Use your innovative whiteboarding and presentation skills to support visual storytelling.
- Deliver results. Proactively execute account management and sales processes for all opportunities in order to meet revenue goals. Continually evaluate work in terms of its contribution to meeting customer needs.
- Collaborate with others. Lead account strategies by consistently collaborating with teams across Esri and Esri business partners. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues.
- 5+ years of successfully supporting customers in a sales, consulting or relevant industry role
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor with large customers
- Possess financial and business acumen to build compelling account growth strategies
- Advanced knowledge of state government entities a nd new technology trends; and the ability to translate this knowledge into complex solutions for customers
- Understanding of GIS, Esri technology, and state government customers as they relate to one another
- Expert visual storyteller and negotiator across all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of industry fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, business administration , or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- General knowledge of data science or spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving and uncovering patterns and trends within organizations
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri's competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $97,760.00 - $176,800.00.