Security Engineering Manager
Use your security expertise to provide technical leadership for Corporate Security team members to design, procure, operate, and deliver effective security services throughout Esri’s global network and service operations infrastructure. This is a hands-on technical management role that is action and solution oriented with an emphasis on collaboration across the organization to ensure Esri meets its business goals, customer security requirements, and regulatory security requirements.
- Lead, train, develop, and mentor security team members to build a strong, versatile bench of technical security experts who are motivated and deliver against goals and objectives
- Ensure all resource requirements are identified and effectively communicated to management
- Provide technical leadership for team members and colleagues to enable effective and timely delivery of security designs, tools/solutions, practices, and processes across the enterprise
- Collaborate with business and IST staff to understand strategic business, infrastructure, and application systems requirements to facilitate and continually operate protective, detective, and responsive controls necessary to protect sensitive information assets
- Facilitate effective design and delivery of technical security solutions that consistently meet NIST-based standards and user requirements
- Develop and execute a comprehensive technical security strategy that will effectively scale and support regulatory and legal business requirements
- Perform complex product evaluations, perform timely PoCs, and drive secure implementation of solutions to include on-premise, cloud, hybrid, and SaaS solutions with secure integrations
- Recommend, test, and validate complex security solutions; produce detailed engineering specifications and designs that incorporate recommended or standard vendor technologies
- Provide complex technical oversight, support, and enforcement of security directives, policies, standards, plans, and procedures; continuously improve security practices and solutions
- Develop and review project documentation including statements of work, detailed project plans, architectural designs, detailed implementation plans, deployment plans, project test plans, and operational training materials
- Identify technology risks and independently evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of complex information technology controls across IT infrastructure, cloud services, networks, and security support systems
- Minimum of ten years of deep, hands-on technical security experience in systems and networking technologies, with specialization in one or more technical security domains
- Strong leadership, communication, and team building skills including the ability to drive complex projects across cross-functional teams in challenging circumstances
- Conceptual and analytical thinker; ability to research and provide advanced technical security solutions; ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies from business requirements, customers, and team members and then translate those into highly technical security deliverables
- Proven self-starter who can quickly develop concepts and innovative ideas and can effectively lead team members to solve challenges facing the organization with little direction and oversight
- Current knowledge of complex industry trends, current security issues, and security technologies with the ability to use that knowledge to manage risks that could impact Esri’s business
- Bachelor’s degree and industry-recognized security certifications (master’s preferred)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top