Security Engineer - AWS or Azure
Do you enjoy the challenges of advancing cybersecurity for cloud-based services? Join us and help Esri advance security for our cloud based application and mapping and location services that are making a difference around the globe.
- Research and analyze security aspects of new capabilities offered by Esri in its cloud services, making corresponding security recommendations to Esri’s development and operations teams
- Design and build out enterprise cloud security solutions that meet Esri’s customer needs in automation, monitoring, and DevSecOps
- Validate and provide security hardening guidance of cloud-based services that also advances customer on-premises security
- Facilitate security automation by working with cloud service provider APIs, SDKs, and custom source code
- Perform application risk assessments and threat modeling using standard security frameworks such as NIST 800-30 and OWASP for Esri’s cloud services as well as its software offerings
- Build out and create security validation for Esri’s new capabilities in cloud environments for sandbox, non prod, and prod environments
- Use standard security frameworks to perform gap analysis between different cloud providers, cloud type, and level of certification in the context of compliance efforts
- Develop and document cybersecurity exceptions and work with senior cybersecurity team members to update procedures and make product improvement recommendations
- 5+ years of experience designing, administering, and/or maintaining the security of cloud environments such as MS Azure or AWS
- In-depth experience identifying and protecting against web application and web service security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25
- Experience with data security requirements in the cloud aligned with FISMA, CJIS, HIPAA, NIST, FedRAMP, or other rigorous security compliance standards
- Self-motivated, well-organized, able to communicate and collaborate with teams of various competencies, and able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Extensive hands-on experience with security design and build out of cloud environments
- Ability to demonstrate several key security practices in access control, application security, network security, security architecture, and security strategy
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Cloud and security industry certifications such as AWS and Azure, CISSP, CCSP, and others as applicable
- Familiarity optimizing configuration management and server deployment using automation and DevOps, with a strong preference towards PowerShell DSC, Chef, Terraform and Packer, Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory, Git, and TFS Source Code Repository
- Experience with cloud architecture and components including compute, storage, and networking as well as scripting experience (tools, process, methods, troubleshooting) and deployment concepts such as continuous integration
- Strong presentation skills involving large and of varying IT background audiences
- Strong knowledge of application architecture, development, and secure coding practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact directly with customers who do not have an IT background
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top