Search and Geocoding Product Engineer
Are you an energetic, motivated, and detail oriented software engineer who wants to build software, design compelling user interfaces, support critical workflows, and work with clients and partners to ensure success? Would you like to help build an amazing cloud-oriented platform and support the development of modern mobile applications? If so, consider this position where you can help design the next generation of geocoding for the ArcGIS platform.
- Work with Esri's global community to understand their geocoding and geosearch requirements to ensure we build the best platform supporting their work
- Develop geosearch and geocoding workflows and prototypes to guide development
- Collaborate with development programmers to design geocoding for the ArcGIS platform
- Socialize our work through presentations, webinars, forums, and blogs
- Two or more years of software application development or design experience
- Experience designing or contributing to the development of web APIs and mobile SDKs
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, math, physics, human interface design, or a related field, depending on position level
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills using a methodical approach
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
- A keen attention to detail and drive to resolve any issues encountered
- Familiarity with user interface design testing and application holistic testing
- Experience with web search, geosearch, or geocoding applications and APIs
- Understanding of the agile software development life cycle
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top