Scrum Master, Integrations
Are you an enthusiastic and active scrum master? Consider this position on our integrations team, responsible for integrating our business systems across the global enterprise in a way that delivers the data needed at the right time and place, for the right audience. We focus on performance, maintainability, monitoring, alerting, and security to make the most reliable integrations possible.
In this diverse role, you will help product owners define user stories, disable road blocks, and motivate the team to get to the next level. If you are passionate about Agile and are constantly up for new challenges, we want to hear from you!
- Organize and facilitate daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint planning, demos, and other scrum-related activities
- Track and communicate scrum metrics including team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Ensure Agile/scrum concepts and principles are adhered to and make the tough calls
- Help the product owner establish and enforce sprint priorities and release delivery deadlines
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Coordinate activities between the integrations team and other interdependent teams--as integrations is about tying systems together, this is the bread-and-butter of this role
- Anticipate and facilitate the impacts of new integrations or changes to business systems to dependent systems
- Support team building and development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, which can include:
- Empowering and supporting self-organization
- Facilitating discussion and conflict resolution
- Fostering a feedback culture
- Ensuring that proper tracking, monitoring, alerts, and response occurs in support of our production integrations
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and the processes and procedures associated with it
- Be an Agile enthusiast and an experienced scrum master
- Knowledge of iterative and incremental development and the value of metrics
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Must be technically strong to enable engagement in development meetings and discussions
- Experience in and knowledge of development patterns as they relate to ETL and API exchange of data
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field
- Strong ability to influence and drive teams to success using Agile/scrum/Lean practices
- Experience managing portfolios, project plans, teams, and reporting
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic, geographically distributed, and timeline sensitive work environment and in matrix structures
- Knowledge and experience with databases such as SQL Server, MongoDB; ETL tools such as SSIS; event-driven integration platforms such as BizTalk; API management technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top