We are looking for an enthusiastic and active scrum master to join the ArcGIS Runtime SDK team. In this diverse role, you will help product owners define user stories, disable road blocks, and motivate the team to get to the next level. If you are passionate about Agile and are constantly up for new challenges, we want to hear from you!
- Organize and facilitate daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint planning, demos, and other scrum related activities
- Track and communicate scrum metrics including team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Ensure Agile/scrum concepts and principles are adhered to and make the tough calls
- Help the product owner establish and enforce sprint priorities and release delivery deadlines
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Design optimal solutions and prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goals
- Support team building and development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, which can include:
- Empowering and supporting self-organization
- Facilitating discussion and conflict resolution
- Fostering a feedback culture
- Be willing and able to get your hands dirty to get the job done, which may include some development, testing, sample generation, or documentation work
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and the processes and procedures associated with it
- Be an Agile enthusiast
- Experience as a scrum master
- Knowledge of iterative and incremental development and the value of metrics
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Must be technically strong to enable engagement in development meetings and discussions
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Strong ability to influence and drive teams to success using Agile/scrum/Lean practices
- Scrum master certification
- Experience managing portfolios, project plans, teams, and reporting
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic, geographically distributed, and timeline sensitive work environment and in matrix structures
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top