Sales Training & Onboarding Specialist
At Esri, we inspire people to do amazing things with geography and GIS. In this role, you will work in partnership with business development professionals to ensure an exceptional onboarding learning experience and coaching, along with the reinforcement of core competency training.
- Act as an expert in sales execution practices including account planning, sales processes, Salesforce utilization, etc.
- Facilitate the Sales Academy Bootcamp and other professional development courses; develop program modules in both virtual and live settings that are easily accessible, repeatable, and scalable to a global audience
- Provide documented, detailed feedback on onboarding progress for sales team; support onboarding initiatives including tracking of overall onboarding
- Create and support a practice that equips and enables sales reps to be more productive and deliver desired results
- Utilize strong coaching skills that are constructive and motivating to business development professionals
- Design and develop training reinforcements to ensure adoption of sales best practices
- Participate periodically in sales ride-alongs
- Track and share productivity measurements with sales leadership
- Make recommendations to sales academy team to continually improve onboarding and overall sales training
- Establish key relationships to understand the business priorities and talent needs across business development functions
- 2+ years of sales experience including sales training, enablement, coaching, or similar role
- 2+ years of experience in facilitation, including off-the-shelf curriculum, and measurement of training effectiveness
- Demonstrate enthusiasm along with effectively engaging audiences with dynamic and interactive delivery
- Demonstrated experience in sales onboarding
- Ability to work productively on multiple projects/courses simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills with results orientation
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles and build successful relationships and partnerships at all organizational levels
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of the time or as needed
- Self-motivated, high level of enthusiasm, and passionate about learning and development
- Bachelor’s or master’s in business, business communications, organizational leadership, or related field
- Proven knowledge and abilities in the principles and practices of effective coaching
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Experience using a sales enablement platform, CRM, online collaboration tools, and/or an LMS
- Strong business acumen and the ability to be agile
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) or equivalent credentials
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top