Sales Manager - SMB Utilities
Lead a dynamic sales team to meet or exceed company goals for profitable revenue growth within small- and medium-sized utilities. You’ll provide coaching and management direction along with ensuring appropriate resources are aligned and focused to support sales activities and objectives.
- Assure attainment of company sales goals and growth by establishing sector sales objectives and revenue forecast through the development of an annual sales plan for assigned market or territory
- Manage and direct sales activities and staff through effective coaching, supporting, and strategically participating in all stages of the account management and sales process
- Lead an accountable and results-oriented team through clear direction and regular feedback
- Develop, mentor, and grow an empowered and professional sales organization
- Conduct regular one-on-one pipeline reviews with all account managers/executives to build more effective communications, provide insight for the improvement of sales and activity performance, and understand training and development needs
- Consistently review and leverage CRM analytics to manage execution of the national and sector sales plans and staff activities
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending appropriate trainings
- Orchestrate an effective virtual team of solution engineers, strategic partners, and cross-divisional resources to support the business plan and sales strategy for small- and medium-sized utilities
- Provide executive leadership and guidance for all staff working in the region by adhering to company policies, procedures, and business ethics modeling best practices for collaboration of “One Esri”
- Support the growth and success of the sales team as an entrepreneurial business professional
- Segment and prioritize accounts and establish meaningful sales strategies for individual account portfolios that align to support market sales strategy
- As required, support and guide the Business Development team in development of account plans and strategies that promote the ArcGIS platform vision and lead to customer success
- Minimum of five years of experience managing and coaching a sales team
- Minimum of three years of successful sales and account management experience in SaaS, focusing on selling enterprise software solutions at large scale organizations
- Proven ability to develop an annual strategic plan and solution offerings and execute for market with increase in revenue
- Demonstrate ability to coach to business acumen
- High level of collaboration and teaming skills to motivate and inspire the sales team
- Excellent presentation, whiteboarding, and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to travel and work in a global environment
- Ability to be flexible and operate in a changing market environment
- Bachelor’s in business administration, business management, GIS, or a related field (MBA preferred), or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrate cross-divisional coordination, promote team collaboration, and be open and receptive to feedback across verticals to ensure the customer reflection is we are “One Esri”
- Craft goals with lag and lead indicators
- Demonstrate the ability to write smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clearly identifiable lead indicators predictive to the desired outcomes
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top