Sales Director - Nonprofit
At Esri, sales directors provide extensive experience as “thought leaders” in our organization to promote and champion the use of the ArcGIS platform across their designated sector. We are looking for an individual to increase the overall awareness of GIS as an essential enterprisewide solution for the nonprofit market. In this role, you will also introduce, showcase, and promote Esri solutions that demonstrate and communicate the value of utilizing geospatial intelligence for decision making within the nonprofit market.
- Be a strategic leader. Develop a tactical plan for promoting and growing the use of GIS in the overall nonprofit market worldwide.
- Empower your team. Direct sales activities and staff through effective coaching, supporting, and development of market strategies. Provide clear direction and regular feedback while managing the day-to-day activities of your team. Understand the training and development needs of your staff.
- Provide expert direction. Work closely with Esri staff in domestic sales, the partner program, and the international group as well as international distributors to provide sector guidance in the areas of business development, marketing and sales strategy, and use of industry solutions resources. Work with the Esri Partner Program team to develop and maintain a strong partner channel that can support the development and delivery of complementary solutions to all segments of the nonprofit industry.
- Drive opportunities. Understand and communicate the unique workflows and analytical needs of the nonprofit market that can support the design and development of Esri solutions. Create examples of best practices in the use of solutions across all segments of the nonprofit industry.
- Build relationships. Represent Esri at conferences, trade shows, and seminars, domestically and internationally, to increase Esri’s brand awareness within the nonprofit market. Recognize user requirements, criticisms, ideas, and new opportunities and share them across teams and cross-functional units.
- 10+ years of experience working in the nonprofit market
- Significant breadth and understanding of GIS and its applications across the sector
- Proven ability to develop an annual strategic plan and solution offerings and execute for market with increase in revenue
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Evidence of thought leadership in GIS and nonprofit industries
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in business administration, business management, GIS, or a related field (MBA preferred), or equivalent work experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top