Sales Consultant - Training Solutions
Leverage your consultative sales experience to strengthen the success of Esri technology within federal defense and intelligence agencies. An energetic and resourceful individual is needed to drive strategic conversations with all levels of contacts promoting and securing training solutions. Your partnership with the account team will result in Esri customers being more efficient and empowered to fully take advantage of ArcGIS.
- Work as an individual contributor utilizing available resources to achieve sales target
- Proactively seek out training opportunities from a current customer base by consulting with federal defense and intelligence agencies to clearly understand their needs
- Work with customers who have shown an interest in training
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how Esri training and staff development bring business value to address each customer’s critical business challenges
- Represent and communicate the value of training to both the account team and Esri’s customers
- Contribute to a total package solution as you partner with teams across Esri
- Achieve success by using your consultative skills to effectively manage the sales process from discovery to close
- Leverage your networking skills at Esri events and elsewhere to expand your customer contacts and support the overall mission of helping Esri customers be successful
- A minimum of two years of sales experience selling to federal defense and intelligence agencies
- Direct work-related experience in or with an element of and familiarity with the organizations and operations of the federal defense or intelligence communities
- Demonstrated ability to be creative in the consultative sales process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 25%
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in a related field
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Experience in either the federal defense or intelligence communities, such as GEOINT
- Experience with Esri products
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage several opportunities at once
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Outlook
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top