Use your test planning, customer interaction, and release management skills to facilitate software testing and release to customers. In this role you will be part of ensuring high quality releases of software products and solutions.
Our Vienna, VA office is located in Tysons and is just 15 miles outside of Washington, DC. Just a short walk from the Spring Hill Metro Station. Team members are supporting work based out of this Esri office location, as well as customer sites across all of Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland. Current staff members are commuting from areas such as Ashburn, Arlington, DC and Silver Spring.
- Manage the software release process for a variety of custom projects
- Work closely with product development teams to identify, prioritize, and ensure key issues are fixed for a release
- Develop early release definition and scope negotiation
- Prepare test plans and procedures
- Establish release schedules, tracking, and control procedures
- Maintain release notes and installation documentation
- Support and provide management with metrics, reports, and schedules as necessary
- 2+ years of experience supporting software development as a release manager, configuration manager, software release engineer, or similar role
- Good project management skills
- Demonstrated success as a self-starter
- Successful development and implementation of release plans within a software development organization
- Knowledge of software architecture and deployment best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills using a methodical approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and drive to resolve any issues encountered
- US Citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science, GIS, information technology, or a related field, depending on position level
- Experience with or knowledge of GIS-related technologies
- Hands-on experience deploying enterprise web applications
- Experience with work management tracking systems such as Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top