We’re looking for skilled software test engineers and analysts who have what it takes to perform quality assurance testing and manage the release of ArcGIS, one of the world’s most sophisticated GIS software systems. Starting day one you will participate in the release of a software system that runs on desktops, mobile devices, and enterprise class servers and in the cloud.
- Participate in the release of high quality software; certify the overall quality of the system and ensure each release is ready to ship
- Work closely with product development teams to identify, prioritize, and ensure key issues are fixed for a release
- Support internal staff and external customers in addressing issues related to released software
- Continually update release methods based on rapidly changing technology
- Perform daily testing, analysis, investigation, and identification of software problems
- Report daily on the quality and stability of the software system
- Knowledge of or experience in the software development process
- Experience with QA processes, commercial test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests
- Experience with multiple platforms and/or devices (Windows, UNIX/Linux, iPhone, Android, MacOS, Windows Mobile, etc.) – Bonus if it’s mobile testing!
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri: good communication skills, a team player who can also fly solo, and the ability to thrive in an environment that changes often
- Bachelor’s or master’s in information technology, GIS, computer science, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience using one or more of the following scripting languages, application development languages, automation tools, or web programming framework
- Visual Basic, .NET, Java, C#, C++
- Selenium, Test Complete, and JUnit
- Familiarity with GIS and/or the Esri ArcGIS platform
- Experience with software localization testing and/or software licensing
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top