The Esri R&D Center–Zurich is seeking skilled and creative interns for the research, design, and development of innovative geoweb applications and urban design and modeling software. Work on a focused project in the field of 3D graphics and/or computer vision. These challenging projects consist of the research and development of early-stage prototype software or methods (several interesting work topics are available). Accordingly, creative research and excellent programming skills are critical, as well as the ability to understand and push the state of the art.
These internships are a great opportunity to gain professional work experience in a leading-edge technology environment. You will work together with senior programmers and product engineers to learn about designing, building, testing, and documenting desktop, server, web, and/or mobile products. This is a five- to six-month full-time, paid internship available with two weeks of vacation.
We are looking for students who have:
- A strong background in computer graphics and/or computer vision
- Strong skills in C++ and/or Java
- Good analytical and creative thinking skills
- Self-initiative, responsible, self-controlled, and self-motivating
- Good verbal and written skills in English and/or German
- Authorization to work in Zurich, Switzerland
- A master’s in computer science (completion or final year of study); PhD students preferred
- Smart, nice coworkers (many ETH/MSc)
- Flexible work schedule
- Great, healthy work/life balance
- Part-time work possible on request
- Free food & beverage
- Competitive salary
- Latest, best working equipment (PC, Mac, or Linux)
- State-of-the-art, experienced DevOps culture
- Warm, stylish, spacious offices
- Office located in the most vibrant district of Zurich (one of the world's best-ranked cities)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top