Quality Assurance Engineer
Ensure product quality and timely deliverables for exciting customer-facing web applications and internal campaigns. In this role, you’ll work closely with developers, project managers, the UX team, and stakeholders to evaluate business requirements and build and implement test strategy. You will work with the QA lead, who will guide you in achieving the roadmap crafted to improve Esri’s customer web presence.
The role includes providing guidance to implement and initiate QA practices and hands-on execution of designing and implementing test solutions to support fast-paced Agile development. Ultimately, you will monitor all stages of the software lifecycle to identify and resolve system issues.
- Work with the web development team and project stakeholders to support testing of applications in a timely manner
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Develop use case scenarios and test plans, conduct tests, capture test results, and track bugs
- Work with the technical and business teams to resolve issues
- Create and maintain automated functional and regression test suites using Java and Selenium WebDriver
- Enhance test automation framework and libraries
- Provide guidance regarding test automation and execution of test plans to the remote QA team
- Support continuous integration; closely connect deploys to tests
- 5+ years of experience working in the technology industry with experience coding and testing applications
- Experience developing and conducting test processes for multiple types of systems, client users, and/or units across an organization
- In-depth knowledge of large-scale IT implementations including complex integrations, multi-tiered architecture, localization, mobile and web deployment models, and high-availability architecture
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience in programming languages such as Java or Python
- Experience leading and driving work from a remote team
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem assessment and resolution skills
- Ability to handle multiple efforts simultaneously with efficiency
- Bachelor’s in computer science, information systems, or related field
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as GitHub, Maven, Jenkins
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top