Qt SDK Software Developer
Bring your passion for Qt to help us develop a cross platform GIS API that runs on popular desktop and mobile devices using the latest compilers and C++ standards. This is a great opportunity to design and develop next-gen Esri technology. We love making a difference and leading the way in developing innovative technology.
- Build Qt C++ software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Develop excellent software for use in field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, street navigation, and more
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Define user requirements; design and develop applications and APIs for desktop and mobile devices
- Ensure that the Qt/QML SDK keeps up to date with the current trends of Qt developer patterns
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Two or more years of commercial software development experience
- Fluent in and passionate about Qt (C++, C++ 11 and 14)
- Object oriented design skills
- Understanding of algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to work closely with the team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Two or more years developing and debugging Qt applications using Qt Creator IDE
- Prior API development experience
- Knowledge of the Qt framework in the following areas preferred:
- Qt 5 QML experience (Qt Quick 2)
- UI development using QWidgets and QGraphicsView
- General network communications skills using the QtNetwork module
- Extensive experience using signals and slots for QObject communication
- Experience developing applications for one or more of the following platforms:
- Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Web services
- Git source code management
- Bash shell scripting
- JSON RESTful interface
- GPS devices and/or navigation systems
- User interface design
- ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, or ArcGIS Enterprise experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top