QFE Product Engineer
Help support the Esri user community by building quality software patches in a timely manner. In this role, you’ll be challenged to develop, manage, and maintain builds across multiple platforms while automating day-to-day operations.
- Use software packaging applications to create setups for our software patches for a variety of platforms (Windows and Unix)
- Review and merge source code and build binaries to be delivered as patches on multiple platforms
- Manage and maintain cross platform build processes and environments
- Design and develop automation tools
- Investigate, describe, and resolve porting issues in the patch build
- Collaborate with other programmers throughout the porting/build process
- Articulate the patch build process using platform specific terms
- Knowledge of multiple languages (Java, Python, Objective-C, C++, C)
- Ability to work within an evolving environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS or related field, depending on position level
- Understanding of software development environments
- Operational skills in multiple operating systems (Windows or Linux)
- Knowledge of application packaging: Microsoft Installer (MSI), Orca, SMS Installer, InstallShield, and other third-party packaging tools
- Skilled in scripting technologies
- Efficiency in Git and GitHub code management process and techniques
- Efficiency in StarTeam code management process and techniques
- Familiarity with GIS and/or Esri ArcGIS products
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top