QA Product Engineer - Data Visualization and Analysis
Come join our dynamic development team as a software tester working on the charts team for ArcGIS Pro. Put your problem-solving skills to work as you help us test and design new tools for visualizing and analyzing data using charts and graphs. You will work with other passionate and knowledgeable product engineers and software developers on an agile team as you troubleshoot bugs, complete and execute test plans, and write code to exercise various chart functionality in an automated fashion.
Interested in how GIS analysts explore and visualize their data and communicate a message in ways that complement maps? Are you detail oriented and willing to learn various testing techniques to ensure high software quality? If you answered yes to these questions, you might have what it takes to join our team. Apply today and start putting your fingerprints on software that makes powerful, insightful, and beautiful data visualizations.
- Work effectively with members of a software development team in an agile, highly interactive, and creative environment
- Troubleshoot issues in current and past software versions
- Develop test plans that look at new functionality, bug fixes, and enhancements from multiple perspectives, and provide adequate test coverage to ensure software quality
- Perform both ad hoc and automated testing using an assortment of techniques including Python Unit
- Perform testing, checklist testing, and simulated mouse-click UI testing
- Test, design, and document the ArcPy Charts object and related Python workflows
- Participate and add to the Esri communities of practice for software testing and data visualization
- Experience performing data visualization and data science workflows using ArcGIS products or other software
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python
- Experience troubleshooting software problems or other technical issues
- Willingness to learn and apply various testing techniques
- A detail-oriented personality that gets career satisfaction from testing and assuring high software quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and ability to work and learn independently
- Bachelor’s in GIS, geography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Conceptual understanding of different chart types and visualization techniques
- Experience with C# or other .NET programming languages
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top