QA Engineer - Server
Are you eager to use your GIS experience and problem-solving abilities to fulfill the requirements of the Esri user community? This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to designing and building the next generation of ArcGIS Server software. In this position you’ll be a key member of our ArcGIS Server software development team and provide users with powerful and reliable management of their GIS services.
- Collaborate with development programmers on software project teams to build new ArcGIS Server software releases
- Design, develop, analyze, test, document, release, and support ArcGIS Server software to enhance overall product quality
- Establish and define customer requirements; translate them into potential product improvements and new software designs
- Identify workflow enhancements
- Support and interact with customers; evaluate feedback and plan for future releases
- Follow the evolution of server technology to ensure customers have the best resources and practices at their disposal
More experienced individuals will:
- Help define the product roadmap and provide leadership to a small team
- Assist with implementation designs and product architecture
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- A high level of understanding of ArcGIS products and online services
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proven ability to deliver work, in teams or individually
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
- Extensive experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Industry experience in software development or software testing
- Familiarity with system and web server administration
- Experience in quality assurance
- Knowledge of Java, Python, and other scripting languages
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top