QA Engineer - Online Cloud
Are you excited to work on cutting-edge online mapping technologies? Are you eager to apply your passion for software quality and your knowledge of testing to help release robust, high-quality, scalable services? Apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to advance the powerful Esri platform that thousands of organizations already rely on for mapping and enriching GIS data.
- Ensure quality throughout all aspects of the user experience by testing software functions, user interfaces, GIS workflows, and APIs
- Develop and implement test plans and test cases, write test code, verify code changes and bug fixes, and perform stress tests
- Maintain and run test harnesses on a daily basis
- Collaborate with developers to ensure they understand application goals and end user requirements
- Define acceptance criteria documents, assess product quality and release readiness, and deliver feedback to team members
- Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes
- Experience with quality assurance in dev-ops and automation in Microsoft Windows and/or web computing frameworks
- Ability to define and complete robust test workflows
- Ability to write test code in C# and .NET and use scripting tools such as PowerShell
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Solid understanding of basic web technologies such as HTTP/REST
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Expertise with Microsoft technology (Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server, Windows Server)
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top