We are looking for individuals with a dedication to quality and software engineering to join our team and help advance the map caching tools and technologies to improve the performance of map cache creation and consumption in a distributed mapping environment.
You will be responsible for understanding and communicating map caching functionality as it is used in ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, and web GIS. You will help build highly scalable map caching tools and use it across our product line. Our product engineers provide a strong technical voice and help guide the development team to build high quality reliable and evolutionary software.
You will work with our cross-functional team of product engineers and work closely with software developers. You will help us test and improve map caching workflows and build a robust test harness and perform ad hoc and holistic testing across the platform. You will also be responsible for performance testing and testing the software under load to ensure the stability and the scalability of the features we built before we release the product.
- Develop test plans, test cases and the integration tests in Java/Python/SOAPUI
- Build and manage tests across platform in ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, and ArcGIS Online
- Review and analyze automated test results; report status on software quality and stability
- Collaborate with development programmers and product engineers to build and test functionality for current and future caching technologies
- Work closely with other teams to assure integration of cache workflows into the platform
- Troubleshoot and triage customer issues
- 1+ years of industry experience building testing frameworks such as Junit/PyUnit
- Ability to translate software functions into tests
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with other teams
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, geography, engineering, computer science, or related field, depending on position level
- 1+ years of experience with software testing tools such as python, Junit and MVVM
- General understanding of mapping and visualization
- Familiarity with HTTP monitoring and debugging tools (Fiddler)
- Knowledge of Linux, Docker containers, and orchestration such as Kubernetes
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.