QA Engineer - Documentation Framework
Sharing and collaboration is a keystone of Esri’s ArcGIS platform. Our mission is to deliver great online and offline content centered on our cutting-edge software products and their users. Esri’s documentation team designs, builds, and maintains a modern and effective web experience that provides users of ArcGIS the answers they need, when they need them.
As a Product Engineer on our team you will have responsibilities ranging from web development and design, interfacing with colleagues to solve their problems, and performing QA tasks. We are looking for a customer centric individual who can use their exceptional multi-tasking and communication skills to make an immediate impact on documentation delivery and creation at Esri.
- Develop and manage tools and processes for efficient authoring, publishing, and translation of product content
- Collaborate with developers and content owners to design, test, and validate enhancements to websites, content publishers, and supporting utilities
- Create and execute robust test workflows across multiple browsers and platforms including Chrome, Firefox, IE, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS
- Establish and maintain baseline performance and quality bar for site deployments
- Monitor health, performance, and usability of sites using web metrics and other tools
- Support colleagues in their use of various technologies in our authoring/publishing stack, including GitHub, CSS frameworks, content management systems (CMS), XML editing tools, and QA tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve content authoring and publishing issues
- Manage and maintain GitHub repo workflows, including review and merge of changes, branch management, and builds
- Experience with web QA technologies such as Jenkins, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Ability to decompose complex problems and performing root cause analyses
- Proven record of delivering quality customer service and solving problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and have an interest in continuous learning
- Bachelor's in computer science, GIS or a relevant technology field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with search technologies such as Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with web metric tools such as Google and Adobe Analytics
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top